Egypt’s Vision 2030
Egypt is taking forward steps to go along with the sustainable development goals by implementing the Egypt vision 2030.
The Egyptian sustainable strategy is following the SDGs principle to ensure better life quality and welfare for existent and new generations, equal opportunities for all Egyptians, and efficient use of Egyptian resources.
Egypt vision 2030 is focusing on three dimensions which are:
- Economic dimension
- Social dimension
- Environmental dimension
Egyptians’ Steps towards Achieving the SDGs
Some Egyptian brands are taking development steps to meet the SDGs to increase gender equality in the work environment, use clean energy sources, participate in local industry development, and use eco-friendly materials. One of them is Travel DotCom Company which takes sustainable development steps as the main value for the company.
Travel DotCom is always trying to help in raising the local industry and Egyptian economic growth, reduce inequalities, make awareness sessions in schools for quality education goals, and take climate actions by following sustainable tourism principles as it offers sustainable traveling programs that ensure the enjoyment of the travelers.
What is Sustainable Tourism?
Sustainable Tourism Definition is a part of sustainable development in the tourism industry.
The main core of sustainable tourism is the SDGs’ 8, 12, and 14 goals (Decent work and economic growth, Responsible consumption and production, and Life below water with sustainable use of marine resources).
Eco-tourism Meaning is a part of sustainable tourism in natural areas and zones. Eco tourism’s goals are to focus on learning about nature, experiencing the beauty of nature, spreading cultural understanding and appreciation, and helping local people reach better lives.
UNWTO’s Role in Sustainable Tourism
UNWTO is a US world tourism organization that supports the tourism industry all over the world and encourages countries for following sustainable tourism for a better future for all humans. UNWTO is trying to influence the Globel Code of Ethics in tourism to maximize the positive socio-economic impacts and reduce the negative impacts of tourism.
Sustainable Tourism Importance
- Sustainable tourism participates in increasing the national income level by providing job creation for youth & women and empowering local production brands.
- Enhancing agricultural productivity, especially the agro-tourism “it’s sustainable tourism trips that aim in enjoyment, culture education, and culture involvement by visiting farms and agriculture areas”
- Increasing investments in different sectors such as the health and care sector, and education sectors which lead to better living conditions and reaching gender equality.
- Sustainable tourism resources should base on renewable energy and eco-friendly products. Sustainable traveling programs that use renewable energy in their activities help in achieving better environmental conditions by decreasing energy consumption.
- Sustainable tourism can help in developing the urban infrastructure, protecting cultural signatures, and preserving natural heritage.
- Sustainable tourism depends on coastal zone management that helps in protecting marine ecosystems.
- Reducing waste and consumption is the core of sustainable tourism.
- Helps in culture exchange that results in a better understanding of other cultures’ life and reaching peace between societies.
Sustainable Tourism Efforts in Egypt
Egypt is making development plans for sustainable tourism, the ministry of tourism is focusing on repairing the Egyptian eco-touristic hotels and areas that follow the sustainable tourism guidelines in reducing water, energy consumption, and carbon dioxide emissions.
Egypt now contains 80 hotels with nearly 20,000 rooms that follow the guidelines of Green Destinations and obtained the green star certificate for their eco-friendly efforts.
In addition, environmental tourism is planning to save 30 Egyptian protectorates which will increase sustainable tourism flows to Egypt and increase foreign direct investment.
Ecotourism Zones in Egypt
“Egypt has the potential of 4 ecotourism zones, namely: coasts, deserts, riverbanks, and wetlands.”According to Egypt’s Tourism Development Authority (TDA).
Sustainable Tourism Examples in Egypt
There are some areas in Egypt that are identified as ecotourism zones according to the ecotourism criteria set by UNICEF and UNDP.
- Farafra, Dakhla, Kharga, Baharyia, and Siwa Oasises
- Ras Mohamed and Ras Nabq
- Gouna, Safaga, Makadi, and Al-Qusayr
- Sant Catherine
- Marsa Allam
- Tunis village
- Hlayeb and Shalatyn
- Wadi Degla
- Sant Samaan Monastery
Sustainable Tourism Activities in Egypt
- Diving the red sea in Dahab, Sharm El-sheikh, and Marsa Allam
- Cruising the Nile on a felucca in Nuba and Wadi Degla
- Discover the beauty of the Egyptian desert in oases, and protectors.
- Do hiking in the Egyptian mountains in Dahab, Sant Catherine, and oases.
- Communicate with different Egyptian cultures and enjoy the unique customs and traditions of each Egyptian city.
- Transport using bicycles, scooters, and skate rollers.
With Travel DotCom all eco-friendly activities are yours.
Contact us and ask about sustainable tourism programs.